Monday, January 23, 2012

Exploring the Southeast Asian City-State off the Southern Tip of the Malay Peninsula




We were able to avail the airfare promo for international flights. That is the reason why we decided to go to Singapore only for 4 days and 3 nights of tour on January 14 to 17. I was asked if I want to go with my parents and I said yes because it is my chance to go in another country. The week before our flight I was asked for the itinerary of the tour so I searched the websites on where to go. It includes going to Universal Studios. Some people say that it is so small. But then my concern here is to experience the rides especially the Battle Star Galactica and the fact that I could visit one of the popular amusement parks because I had no chance during our tour in USA last 1998. So I want to give myself an opportunity to explore  Universal Studios. I've already created the plan of what can we do there during our tour though that is not yet confirm since we also need to rely on the other suggestions and plans especially from people who are already living in Singapore. 

When we arrived at Changi Airport around 10:20 am we had taken our lunch at Breeks Cafe which is American Style cafe that offers a big course meal which is appealing and affordable. The one meal can be eaten by 2 persons because of the big servings. This is located in terminal 2 of Changi Airport. 


After that we had ride the taxi going to Ang Mo Kio Avenue where the God Son of my father lives, that is the place where we stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. I had a chance to see the nature and environment of Singapore on how they are taking care of it while we are on the way going to the condominium unit. During afternoon we just fixed our things and rest first but then our plans are not yet confirm because my Aunt wants to see us first to talk about our tour. That is why she invited us to see her on Orchard Rd from the MRT. Orchard Rd is one of the major tourist attraction in Singapore which is central business district. When we already meet my Aunt that is the time we already discussed the tours on where to go on that day, the next day and the other day. The first plan is to visit the Botanical Garden and Night Safari. Then on our second day we are going to have City Tour then take the Singapore flyer which was I am so excited to see the other views of Singapore. She mentioned the 3rd day if we want to go in Sentosa or Universal Studios. I really insisted that I really wanted to go in Universal Studios because I had no chance to see that in USA a long time ago. So my parents decided that I can go there alone while they are going to wander the Sentosa. Since they are already graduated of having tour in Disneys and Universal Studios in America then they are not interested to see the Universal Studios in Singapore already. My Aunt told me that she can get the ticket in some travel agencies that has big discount. 

By the way I forgot to mention that we discussed our plans of the tour at the Mc Donalds Mc Cafe. I was impressed of the Himalayan Tea shake that I ordered. Which indeed I have never tasted that even before. It was really yummy of having a little bit of bitter taste with honey that makes it sweet. I like the blend. For sure I am going to miss this beverage because this is not even available in Manila. 
We started our tour in Botanical Garden wherein we were able to meet my cousin which is the daughter of my Aunt. She was with her boyfriend and his mother, aside from that her friends are also there on the picnic ground while they are playing the disc. 

During our tour in Botanical Garden unfortunately I wasn't able to see the orchids because it has already closed. But then we caught some couples who are having their pre nuptial photography inside the Botanical Garden. We had taken our photos with them as remembrance.




Before our tour in Night Safari we had taken our dinner at Wee Nam Kee Chicken Rice which is the popular affordable restaurant where you can eat the delicious and fresh chicken. We even met the owner of the restaurant as he had mentioned there is also a branch here in Manila located in Salcedo Makati. This restaurant is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED especially for those people who are in budget. 


Night Safari is our last tour on our first day trip in Singapore. Unfortunately we weren't able to watch the show because we are not that too familiar of that place and yet we were wandering around by riding on the tram while the show is going on. I really thought that this was just a zoo wherein I could only see the familiar animals such as tigers, lions and monkeys. But I was wrong. It proved to me that this zoo is very wonderful where you can see the different unique animals that you have never seen even before not even in the usual zoos. It is hard for me to remember every animal but of course I can still see the website for me to classify all those kinds of animals. So the next time you visit here just know your schedule and see the shows. I could really imagine the feeling of being in the middle of the forest at night where you can see nothing but the animals on the dark. You can still bring your own cameras but just to remind you that FLASH IS NOT ALLOWED. It is up to you on how you can capture the scenes without using the flash.  


Be ready for the next story which is 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for the comment