Tuesday, August 21, 2012

the fabulous Opening Ceremony of London Olympics 2012



           Since I've already knew that the opening ceremony of London Olympics 2012 will be 9:00 PM in London time it was started around 4:00 am here in the Philippines. Since I thought that is going to be 3:00 am then I've set my alarm around 2:30 am in order for me to tune in and wait for the opening ceremony since I really want to watch it live. So I tuned in it on CNN and BBC expecting that they are going to portray that live. 3:00 am there was still no updates or view so I slept for a while then my boyfriend called me checking if I am watching it already he told me that it will start at 4:00 am. So it is already 4:00 am and I am wondering how come the view of CNN and BBC news wasn't still inside the opening ceremony but then after an hour they just keep on updating what is going on inside the stadium. I mean arrggghhh!!!! That is already time I realize that they are not viewing the Olympics live but just an update. So good thing I've decided to change into other channels until it was Korean, our local and even National Delhi. I wasn't able to recognize that it was the live already because I just saw Mr. Bean or Rowan Atkinson performing thinking that it is just a program of his own. Only to realize that is already the live that I am looking for so I was totally disappointed that I missed 1 hour and more than 30 minutes of the scenarios. 


           When I am watching it I was expecting something more that it could be the same level as China but then as what I've seen it was like I am watching the preview of the movies before just like what you can see on Oscar Academy Awards during their event. It makes me think that there are some scenes that are not quite relevant to the Olympics. What I don't like as well is that they are still featuring the old versions of the movies though I have my second thought that they want to feature those films that came from that country. I was able to finish it though I was still looking forward for the replay. Good thing when I was already in the office I was able to watch the replay of the opening ceremony around 12 noon here in our country. Unfortunately I didn't know that the Solar Sports won't feature completely as there are some scenes that are already cut. So again I am looking forward not until they replayed it on AKTV. I saw everything though not 100% complete because I wasn't aware that it started again. That is the time that I already understand everything that it was about the evolution of what their country originated although again I am not that so totally attracted 100% with what I've seen. But in over all criteria I still appreciate their presentation but not the same level of my appreciation in opening and closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics 2008. 




           There are some scenes that are obviously animated and edited but not that so big deal because I know how hard it is to make it smooth if you are rushing. I also appreciate the background music while the participants, representative or the game from different countries were already marching. Lastly I am still overwhelmed on how they present the fireworks as I really love watching it. 




         It makes me laughed when the Queen is not paying attention to the marching of her own country which was 12 seconds. Though not a big deal it was caught in the act by the camera then issued as fingering nails while the Great Britain is marching. 




           I was totally glad that I was able to see our country marching then our flag bearer had her tears of joy. Though my comment there is it was just seconds that I wasn't able to know who were the dignitaries like if that is ambassador, politician or anyone who stood up while our country is marching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for the comment