Tuesday, August 21, 2012

GoodBye to London Olympics 2012: Closing Ceremony

Since this is my first time to become involve in Olympics by tuning in and followed the series of Swimming, it is like saying a big goodbye to the Olympics when I’ve watched the closing ceremony. I woke up early in the morning around 4:00 here in Manila just to watch it LIVE even though I know it for a fact that there is still replay on night time. There are some parts that I bothered to sleep especially on the middle of the event when the singers performed that looks like just a concert. Honestly it bores me not until the Spice Girls came though I haven’t seen much their start since I was napping. There are also scenarios that are quite irrelevant to the Olympics just like the fashion that they are promoting and sometimes I find it dragging as well on how they execute the other parts of event. Nevertheless I still appreciate how it was done because of the fireworks, how they close the torch, and especially the promotion of the future Olympics in Rio 2016. I can’t still stop the feeling and thinking of the comparison of the opening and closing ceremony of London Olympics to Beijing 2008 Olympics. To be honest I was expecting so much more with London Olympics just because of what I have seen in China before on how fabulous it was that is far better than London Olympics. If there was no Beijing Olympics then probably I would appreciate much more this London Olympics. But then my mom told me that London is lack of budget that is why it is like that. Though I told her so that even if they are lacking of budget they can still do ways to make their performances to become presentable. Example the little introduction of Brazil, it is not so much fabulous but with their simplicity by presenting the culture it already gives the meaning of the Olympics on how they are willing to accommodate the athletes on 2016. After the program of the closing ceremony I can’t believe that I have nothing to watch nor follow the games especially in swimming. Wishing that on Rio 2016 we can travel there so that of course we will witness the Olympics personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for the comment