Thursday, March 21, 2013

GRAND PALACE: The Official Residence of the Kings of Siam



How in the world would you want to live in the huge Palaces? Since I have no idea regarding the history of this Grand Palace then I have this other thought that the Kings and other different members of the Royal family are just neighbors, including as well the temples. This is one of the most interesting place that I've insisted to go at the first day of my trip in Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. To be honest I am not really a person who is interested in history or going museums although for this Grand Palace I really want to recognize the other culture, governance and how do people pay respect when worshipping especially when they are inside the temples. Sounds to me that Grand Palace is one of the famous tourist spots in Bangkok that you should never missed.




     Under the very hot temperature of sunny afternoon which is 1:00, Aor the niece of my Uncle called me up to inform me that she is going to be in apartment around 15 minutes to pick us up going to the Grand Palace. She already informed me that we shouldn't wear shorts and that is supposed to be the long pants. Even the capri or 3/4 that I am currently wearing is not even allowed so I still have this second thought if we are supposed to go there but then we still tried.    



    

         
    By the time we are already in the Grand Palace to drop us off, Aor warned us that we are not supposed to listen to the strangers who will tell us that Grand Palace is closed and we should go inside right away. We are lucky enough that no one tried to fool us that is why we are now comfortable to start the tour inside the Grand Palace.



   
        I've seen so many people or tourists from different nation who are inside the Grand Palace that is why I could really think that Grand Palace is really famous in Thailand. More so we have also seen other tourist who are wearing shorts, wondering if they will be given a warning, allowed inside or they must rent a long skirt for them to wear it. We didn't attempt to hire for the tourist guide anymore as we want to roam around on our own.

 
     
       We started to roam around the Grand Palace under the sun as we felt the heat on our skin which is good thing I was able to put sunblock on my face and body. I am quite confused if where we are supposed to start but we didn't mind it as long as we just go straight especially to the temples that we are going to see first. I wasn't able to classify or identify the different kinds of temples that we are seeing although I could only understand it through visuals. As long as I am being attracted and amazed with the intricate structures of the temples then I really go for it and took some pictures. There are other temples that cameras or taking
photographs are not allowed inside but still as I took off my slippers I still continued to go inside the temple to see how people worship on their own religion and of course I still want to see the appearance of the temple itself. There are some palaces and museums or galleries that has air conditioned that is why we became comfortable by the time we were inside to see the other interesting objects like clothes, utensils, furniture and other more.



Her Majesty Queen Sirikit





Upon taking pictures of the palaces it caught us the attention when we saw the museum or gallery of Queen Sirikit as we became curious what is inside of it.. We don't have any idea about Queen Sirikit though I am planning to search about her later on as I want to concentrate on the things in the gallery that are being displayed. When I saw the clothes likes silks, gowns and other more dresses I am wondering if how does it feel to wear those other thick dresses when the heat is like what we are currently feeling, I could imagine how hot it is while wearing those gowns and other more. Although I really find it fabulous for the gowns that worn by Queen Sirikit. There was a television where you can view on how does the silk were made. Some are made of silk worms wherein we were able to touch those soft silks, the worms are going to eat the mulberry leaves then the silk itself is made from the spit of worms. That is how I understand, just correct me for more information about this matter. I was totally sleepy during the time I am watching this since I haven't slept yet after our flight from Manila. We went to the shop of this gallery and unfortunately we weren't able to buy any souvenir because it was too expensive for us. Though it is not really important, the thing is I have captured the Grand Palace as part of my souvenir.

     
        At the end of our tour inside the Grand Palace, we are already thirsty that is why I am in hurry to buy some mineral water outside the Grand Palace but Papa have decided that we should eat our snack at Subway. Finally it is all worth and we are now enjoying our snack after the long hours of walking inside under the sun.



Important Notes:

Avoid talking and listening to the strangers especially if they are telling you that the Grand Palace is close or giving you some objects and you have to do something then they will charge you with huge amount of Baht.
Do not wear shorts though you can rent sarong inside the temple but it is better to wear something long as part of respect to the temples.
You should bring your own cold drink but it depends on the weather. If that is during summer time then it is too hot better bring drink to obey your thirst.
You can wear slippers you are going to take that off anyway if you want to worship or pay respect inside the temple.
Put sunblock in your face and whole body when you go there during summer time.
Wear light shirts just for you to become comfortable especially if that is summer time.













Let us go and must have fun to the adventures of
        DREAMWORLD

2 comments:

  1. WOW. Like really. That's a wow! Awesome awesome view. I hope I get to see that too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grand Palace is really a must-visit when I Thailand. Every corner is picturesque.

    By the way, I found your blog through GT and following you now on GFC. Hope you can do the same. Thanks and happy travels! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for the comment